Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


At least once a week I make cookies,  if I get to vote usually I make peanut butter, Tessa likes oatmeal raisin, Kaley likes chocolate chip, Jason and Jarin like all of them.   so last night after we got the tree set up in the stand  I made another batch of  peanut butter cookies.  This is what was left after everyone ate their fill after supper.

Here's the best PB Cookie recipe I've been regularly making them for years.


Peanut Butter Cookies

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour ( I usually do half whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 cup sugar ( I usually do half or 3/4)
1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter (any kind)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, ground in food processor to resemble bread crumbs. (sometimes if I don't have any peanuts I just add more peanut butter)

Oven 350 degrees. 
1.  Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
2.  In bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy.  Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary.  Beat in peanut butter, then egg's, one at a time, then vanilla.  Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture.  Add ground peanuts stir gently until just incorporated.
3.  With 2 tablespoons dough at a time roll into large balls, placing them 2 inches apart on a parchment covered cookie sheet (If I don't have parchment, I just grease a cookie sheet), press dough with back of dinner fork dipped in cold water to make criss cross design.  Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, 10-12 minutes.

yum, enjoy!

No comments: