Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This Morning


I took my camera out this morning to capture a little of my daily routine.  I am bottle feeding the 5 little doelings that are in the bottom right corner. They get fed first in the morning, I sit on a stool with them clamoring about with 2 bottles.  They have to take turns, and that's easier said than done.  As I'm feeding them, I watch the sun rise through the meadow.  It lights up the house, highlighting the smoke coming from the chimney, then it lands on the goat feeder, which is where Jersey and Dahlia are laying and waiting for breakfast and milking.  

I feed the babies first, then the goats and chickens, next I milk the three does.  After that I feed the rabbits, the feeding order goes by who is the loudest and the goats win.  Mornings are busy with roosters crowing, goats calling to be fed or milked, and kids jumping about playing all the while.  The rabbits are quiet and always fun to say "hi" to when I feed them in the morning. After I got back inside this morning, I decided to sit down and put together a photo collage for my 365 project that I'm working on.  I'll tell you more about that in another post.     

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Aw what a beautiful college of the furry friends

Jewel said...

Thank you Sharon, nice to hear from you.

Sarah said...

I love snapping pics of the babies... When we lived on 10 acres and had lots of animal babies, it was so much fun to snap pictures of them, them see what all you had captured when you get back to the house.... Couldn't imagine life without animals!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Very inspiring. It's nice to see I'm in good company. I wish for a friend like you in my town to do homesteading with.

Jewel said...

Thanks for commenting Teresa, Sometimes I've thought the same thing with the women who write their blogs, wish we lived close by. It's always fun to get a glimpse and see what other's are doing.