Friday, March 9, 2007

Garden pictures

A few of my raised beds, made with rocks from the property

A young kiwi vine, along the little house


A few of the fruit trees



Raised beds with the woodshed, and upper meadow in the background

Gardening in the Northwest is a lot like gardening in England, we have a lushness that I love, and can create cottage style gardens. These pic's were from last year, and are the perennial beds. I'll include another post with the vegetable garden. Right now I'm in the midst of creating another large bed, and most of my perennials I've dug (except the peonies) and I'm grouping them with color schemes. It's a huge process, but one I love, the deer are always around, and their favorite are my roses.
We are fencing the entire 10 acres, more on the fence later, along with pic's, because that is another huge project. Jarin and I both work outside the home, so everything is done in stages that take a while. Small steps toward a big dream, working on our land is so much fun, we both like it.



1 comment:

Kaylin Bettinger said...

Hi Jewel,

This seems to be the only way to contact you! I am a reporter for the Planet Magazine at WWU and I am writing a peice this quarter about people who live off the grid. I stubled upon your blog while looking for informations for my article. If you are interested I would love to talk to you about your lifestyle and home. I think it would be an interesting angle to take. Looks like a beautiful life, hope to hear from you soon.

Kaylin Bettinger
bettink2@cc.wwu.edu