Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Rain and more rain

I guess the weather is a pretty good indication of whether I'll be on my computer or not, right now it's pouring outside and the forcast shows rain for days. This is my 4th blog entry, I'm still learning about the world of blogs, and reading many that are of interest. So many of you out there have a mission, and are able to get your messages out, and use this as a platform. I work at my regular job of real estate mostly from home, or appointments close to home, I try to work regular hours, but when the weather is nice, I find time to be outside in the garden. btw. real estate is a great business for moms, I have 5 children, and have been able to work around their schedules for 9 years now.

I have been pondering the concept of multiple streams of income, and what I can do to make money doing what I love (gardening), I'm sure there are others out there who are making some money from their farms. I have wondered if anyone has started an online business selling from home. I am thinking of starting a website to sell fruit, nut, and edible trees and shrubs. Pondering all the costs, and the best way to create a website. I'm looking at doing it myself (using Dreamweaver) I have never built a website, but as a homesteader, I am adept at doing things independtly to save money, and plus I love creating stuff. So if anyone does read this, and has learned a great way to diversify on their farm I would love to hear about it.

The concept of mulitple streams of income, is that you should have at least 6 or 7 streams, be they your jobs, investments, inventions, creations etc. My husband and I have talked about ways to diversify, because you never know when one stream may dry up, and if you have other sources then you're not totally dependent on your day job. Plus for the homesteader at heart ,this puts you in control... and wouldn't it just be nice to work for yourself, and build your own business the way you want to.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

No comments: