Tuesday, February 22, 2011

blustery snow


This morning it's been snowing and coming down like a blizzard since I drove the children to school.  The dark clouds came over and the snow began along with blustery winds sending the snow sideways.  To see the large Douglas Fir trees surrounding our property dance in the wind while covered in snow, well it's a spectacular sight, you realize their immense size and strength.  Pictured below are the cabin on the left and the big house on the right, along with a portion of the fenced garden on the right.  You can see a couple of the young fenced fruit trees,  all our young fruit trees have to start their lives in a circle of fencing, due to deer.  The big barn is down the driveway (in picture above).

I went out to check on all the animals and bring their morning feed to them, it feels good to know everyone is tucked in and fed, warm and dry.  Including me as I sit here by a fire looking out at a winter wonderland.


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very pretty! I live in Oklahoma and I can honestly say I miss the trees of my Northern California upbringing.

Benita said...

Oh, Brrr!!! I am hoping we've seen the last of that for the season. I'm ready to see some green!